Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Why I Love Fall

Fall has always been my favorite season. There's nothing about it I dislike. (Well, maybe the cold rainy days, and those stupid Asian Lady Beetles!)
Asian Lady Beetle
I hate you .

But other than that, it's nothing but love.

I love the fall foliage. God truly is an amazing artist.

Rogue River, road to Crater Lake
 

I love the smells that come along with it. Like I've mentioned before, I'm a little obsessed with smells.

Like the smell of burning leaves!

Burning the autumn leaves in Norwich, Connecticut (LOC)

Or the inside of a trick-or-treat bag! Throw a popcorn ball in there, and it's heaven, in scent form! (They need to make it into a Yankee Candle, if you ask me.)

Halloween Clipart Images


Or how about the smell of a freshly carved pumpkin?

(I carved the one on the right.)


I actually enjoy raking leaves, (I find it quite therapeutic) and also jumping in them. I will continue to jump in leaf piles as long as the good Lord lets me!



Just don't jump in a pile of leaves with a wet sucker.

I love things like bonfires, hay rides, and toasted marshmallows.

Apple cider, caramel apples, and anything else apple you can think of.

Hallowe'en pleasures.
Thanksgiving Graphics Thank You Clipart I love the fun of Halloween, and the family time at Thanksgiving.

I think a lot of people let the wonderfulness of autumn, pass them by.

They spend too much time thinking about what comes after fall, and not enough time enjoying what the season has to offer.

So get outside and smell a leaf or something! (You won't be alone, because I've already done it.)


3 comments:

becki said...

Fall is also my favorite time of year too. I just wished it lasted longer...it is the shortest of all our seasons I think.

Anonymous said...

I also LOVE Fall!! and it is WAY too short.
Amy, you described everything perfectly...it is exactly how I feel about it! ♥

Trinia said...

Um sorry..the above comment was not anonymous... hee hee... clicked the wrong button...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...