Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Hear Ya, Chloraseptic Girl! I Hear Ya!!

I'm going to make this post short and to the point, because I'm under the weather and just don't have the will power to do much.

And speaking of the phrase, "Under the weather"----what does that even mean?! Wait....now I want to google it and find out.


OK, so the phrase comes from a maritime source from a long time ago. When a sailor wasn't feeling well, he was sent down below to help his recovery, under the deck and away from the weather.

I guess things have a way of sticking. Why else would I still say "Gag me with a spoon" every once in a while? 


To get back to the point of this post, I've felt blah since yesterday. Sore throat, tired, all motivation out the window.

And every time I get a sore throat, I automatically think about that old Chloraseptic commercial. You know, "It will hurt if I swallow....it will hurt if I swallow...it will hurt if I....Mommy!!!


In case you don't remember it, here it is



If the little girl looks familiar to you, it's because it's actress Anna Chlumsky, from the My Girl movies.


So yeah, I'm under the weather, I feel like saying gag me with a spoon to everything today, and I want my mommy.

Good Night!!

PS, Chloraseptic gives me a tummy ache.

1 comment:

becki said...

I felt kinda bad for about a week. Just queazy....there is a stomach virus going around...hope you feel better soon...our families depend on us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...