Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Megan Is 9

Today my oldest daughter turned 9 years old. Megan is 9?! How can that even be??!!


I can remember the day she was born, like it was yesterday. She was a breach baby from the time I was 5 months along. The same as my other two. I guess it's the cool thing to do when you're hanging out in my uterus.

So, being a breach baby, she was a planned c-section. I was so nervous! It would be my first surgery, not counting having my wisdom teeth cut out. We had to be at the hospital at 5:00am, so there wasn't much sleep going on the night before.

I remember how cold I was in the surgery room, and I was shivering. The nurses quickly gave me a warm towel to cover up with, while the anesthesiologist began to give me my epidural.

I'm not sure if she was new or what, but she poked and poked for what seemed like forever, trying to find the right spot. That was the worst, aching pain I had ever felt. I had a huge bruise, and my tailbone hurt for a month after surgery. That never happened with my other 2 children. The epidural went right in both times.

Once the epidural was in place,(thank God!) they got me situated and ready for surgery. It's the strangest feeling when that curtain goes up in front of your face. All you hear are voices and sounds.

About this time. they brought my husband in to sit by my head. Then I heard my doctor say that I would feel some tugging and maybe some pressure. All I felt was tugging, and then the most wonderful sound filled the room.

My baby was here!! And then I heard 3 little words.

It's a girl!!!

I immediately started crying. I was so happy to have a healthy baby girl. A healthy baby, more importantly.

She had such a strong cry, and never stopped crying until they brought her to me.

My baby knew my voice. What a magical moment that was. What a blessing.
Meeting our Megan for the first time. Love. Pure love.
The c-section was the hardest thing I've ever gone through, pain wise. My other 2 were a breeze. I'm guessing because it was my first one. But it was worth it, and I would do it all over again in a second, just to have my beautiful Megan Leann.
8 months old

My, how the time does fly! I'm so thankful for home movies, so I can look back and remember a little better. 

Wow! I'm the mom of a 9 year old! It just can't be. She'll start 3rd grade tomorrow, and I still have quite a bit of 3rd grade memories! It's just crazy....
My beautiful girl.

I'm so grateful to be this little girls mommy. She's sweet, caring, and an all-around great kid. I can't wait to see her make her mark in this crazy world! 

"Oh, The Places You'll Go!!"-- Dr. Seuss


Happy birthday, my girl. "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be."



1 comment:

April said...

ha I wonder if it's a first time c-section thing? Mine was horrible. Brad counted 17 needle marks in my back from where they tried to give me an epidural. They failed and had to put me out. It was horrible pain and seemed like it took forever to recover. My second one was totally different!
But you're right, we'd do it all over again for our babies! It goes by way too fast!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...