Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Jack Frost Nipping At My Brain

Does anyone else start to think about Christmas this time of year? I'm not sure the exact reason my brain goes there. Maybe it's the heat or the God awful humidity. (My money's on the combo.)
Three girls making a "sandman" at the beach

But either way, my mind goes to that wonderful time of year, full of love, hope, family, food, music, and of course my favorite....snow!! (Man, snow would feel so awesome right about now!)


Bud Bassette Decorating Underwater Christmas Tree


This is also the time of year I at least try to start my Christmas shopping. Try, being the key word here.

At least we've been putting money away all summer. That counts....right?

Maybe I'll be able to focus more on it after the kids go back to school. Lord knows school shopping can be almost as expensive...and at times more tedious. (Do you know how hard it is to find shorts this time of year? The stores have all their fall and winter stuff out, and a decent pair of shorts for a child, is few and far between. At least that's been my luck so far for my oldest.)


Next year I'll start early.

But then again, that's what I say every year.LOL


Child Looking at Santa on the Beach
Live it up, Fat boy. Your vacation's almost over.

2 comments:

April said...

haha, I don't wish for Christmas. I don't love snow and cold weather. I like it a little cooler that's about it. I have however already bought 2 Christmas presents. The key is remembering I bought them and where I hid them when Christmas gets here. Shorts are horrible to find this time of year that's for sure-especially school length shorts! My kids lose out on the shorts thing, unless they have some they haven't grown out of! lol

Amy said...

That happened to me one year.lol I bought something in the summer, and then forgot about it until AFTER Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...