Thursday, August 4, 2011

Headaches, Carrots, And Angels

"I believe there are angels among us, sent down to us, from somewhere up above."---From the song by Alabama.


I've always been a believer in the supernatural. Meaning, those things we don't always or ever see with our eyes.

I believe in God, Heaven, and angels. 

I'm also a believer in spirits/ghosts, hauntings, and the possibility of life on other planets. (Just to make it clear, I don't believe there are little green men trying to probe a random southern person. But there's no way of knowing if there are humans way out there in no-where's ville. After all, God is awesome, and could have made that happen.)

I myself have experienced quite a few moments that I believe to be supernatural, or from the other side.

I'll write about those in a future post.

Today I'm going to tell you about an experience I had last week. 

It was around 8:00 in the morning, and my 5 year old, Holly, and my 19 month old, Noah, were up for the morning. My oldest, Megan, had left for the day with her grandparents. 

I woke up very tired due to my husband's snoring, and had a headache. I asked Holly to play with her brother so mommy could rest her head in bed. Our bedroom is right next to the family room, so I can hear everything that goes on out there, so they would be fine. Not to mention, Holly is a wonderful big sister.

I didn't mean to fall asleep. I'll let Megan keep an eye on her siblings when I need a few more winks, but she'll be 9 next week, and is very mature for her age. If she can't handle something, she'll come get me.

So there I was, falling asleep not meaning to, when I get this horrible inner ear pain. I remember thinking to myself, Why does my ear hurt? How can I sleep with this pain?

It was in my left ear, and I remember rolling to my right side, in hopes it would stop. 

And it did.

Until I began to fall asleep again.

Once again, I had  the worst inner ear pain I had ever felt! Suddenly I realized I shouldn't be sleeping anyways, and went out to the family room.

As soon as I walked out, there was Noah, sitting on the couch with a baby carrot in his mouth!

I rushed over and grabbed it out of his mouth, and informed Holly that he was too little for carrots, and could choke. She said, "I'm sorry mommy, I thought he could have them!"

I feel sick when I think about what could have happened if I didn't have that ear pain.

The miraculous thing about it, is that after I woke up, the pain never returned. I thought for sure I was going to have to call the doctor.

It was just the worst pain.

Now, you can believe what you want, but I know there was an angel, or a family member on the other side, or yes, even God himself, looking out for me and my baby boy that day.

Miracles really do happen.


You just have to be open to the signs that you're given.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...