Wednesday, August 10, 2011

So What DOES The Tooth Fairy Do With All Those Teeth?

Yesterday, my little Holly lost her 3rd tooth. We didn't even realize it was loose, because all of our focus had been on her top teeth being wiggly.


But there she was, eating her bologna and mustard sandwich, when she looked over at me and said, "Mommy, my tooth hurts right here!"


I walked over to investigate, and sure enough, there it was, barely hanging on!


I asked her if her tooth hurt before today, and she said, "It hurt when I was in bed." I said, "Well I would imagine so!"


She started getting a little scared, which is understandable, so I took her in my bedroom where it would be calm and quiet, without the distractions of her siblings. ( Luckily, my husband was still home and could mind the fort.)


Then, I got into my "tooth pulling mode" and grabbed her little tooth.


For the first time ever, all I had to do was grab it and pull! My poor sweet girl didn't even know it was out!


(Man, I wish they all came out that way...)  When I had to pull Megan's first tooth, it went a little something like this.


Me: "Megan, I have to pull your tooth. Your big tooth is already coming through, and needs room."


Megan: (Crying hysterically) "Mommy, I just want you to know, that I love you and I'll see you in Heaven!"


Me: "Megan! You're going to be fine!" I know it's scary, but it really needs to come out!"


Megan: "I'm gonna die!!  I'm gonna die!!!!" (This went on for 2 hours I think?LOL Megan's always been our little drama queen.)


Holly's a more "go with the flow" kinda gal. But I wouldn't change a thing about any  of my kids.:-)


So, the tooth came out, and what's the first thing a child thinks about when they loose a tooth? 


It's Tooth Fairy time!!


(Is there anything better than finding money under your pillow in the morning?) Yes please! And sorry Ms. Fairy, but I can't break your $50 bill, so I'll just have to keep it. (A girl can dream, can't she?)


She has insisted to keep her tooth this time, and was hopeful that the fairy would leave the tooth, and some money.


It's a good thing that I know the Tooth Fairy personally, and can make that happen.;-) It is a little creepy thinking about why exactly a fairy would want to have mounds and mounds of old teeth. 


Maybe she makes jewelry.(blarf)




Visions of fairies, dancing in her head.
So, as the tradition states, she went to bed and placed her tooth under her pillow. Except we place the teeth under a small pillow at the foot of the bed, that way the Tooth Fairy doesn't wake anyone, while trying to do her job.;-) 


Holly woke up to find her tooth (as requested) and a silver dollar under her pillow. And I'm almost certain we'll do it all over again in a week or two.:-)


Money well spent.<3





1 comment:

becki said...

What a great story...love it Amy. Someday when your daughter is all grown up, she will enjoy reading this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...