Thursday, November 17, 2011

Washer Necklaces

I finally broke down and made my first Pinterest craft. After all, a girl can only pin so much, before she starts feeling like a slacker!

I decided to make these necklaces made from washers. I also made my own Mod Podge also found on Pinterest.

I've never been a crafter, so all of this stuff is new to me.

But I can honestly tell you that this craft is super easy, and super cute.


Please click on the links if you want to try making this cute craft! All of the directions are on there.

The only thing I had to do differently, was use Mod Podge Gloss Sealer, instead of Glossy Accents, because our local Walmart didn't carry it, and we don't have a craft store in town.

I still like the way they turned out though! I made these with old Christmas cards.

The front of Holly's
The back of Holly's
The front of Megan's
I plan to make some more, once we dig out our Christmas decorations. I always keep the prettiest Christmas cards that are sent to us each year, so I bet I can find a few with glitter. If not, I can always add some, right?;-)

I also want to work on making the middle a little cleaner, and more "finished". Maybe smooth it out a little?

But for now, I'm happy with what I made! And the girls were happy, so it's a win-win I think.;-)

Don't you think they would also be cute as magnets? I think I'll try that next time too!:)
The back of Megan's

The back of this one is the same as the front.

5 comments:

Jessi said...

super cute Amy!! Good job.

becki said...

Well, those are just adorable...I think several on a necklace would look really cute together...an idea for not Christmas would be all animal prints. Isn't it fun to be crafty? I've been doing this all my life..I'm at my happiest when I am doing something creative.

Amy said...

I think these type of things are more my speed. I tried sewing, and it was a disaster! I need my mom to show me the ropes, but she doesn't have a lot of time. I still want to learn, but this kind of craft is more instant and gratifying.:)

larsvicta said...

They look great amy. I was telling Sydney about these and now she wants to make them. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Amy said...

You are so welcome! You'll have to post pictures when you make yours! Thanks for reading!:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...