Monday, December 5, 2011

Puppy Chow

Last night I made my first batch of puppy chow for the holidays. Can you believe I've only known about puppy chow since 1999? Sure 12 years sounds like a long time, but think of all those other years I went without it's yummy goodness!

And it turns out, I make mine a little differently than what most recipes call for.

FYI, I like mine better! ♥


Amy's Puppy Chow


12oz bag of semisweet Toll House chocolate chips

1 cup Jiff creamy peanut butter

1 stick of butter

1 Box of Crispex or Rice Chex

Powdered sugar

A big bowl with a lid.

Melt the butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter in a sauce pan.

Pour your cereal into your big bowl, and then pour the mixture over the top layer a little at a time, stirring after every coating.

After the chocolate mixture is completely added, pour some powdered sugar over the top. Put the lid on your bowl and start shaking it like a polaroid picture!!

Keep repeating the last step until everything is coated with the powdered sugar.

And that's it!!


It's so yummy, and soooo addicting!!






123Friendster.Com

2 comments:

becki said...

That sounds easier than the one I use. I wonder if you added peanuts and pretzels...I bet that would be good too.

Jeff H. said...

Did you know that shaking a polaroid picture is worst thing to do to it? They devlop by chemical reaction when the they are smashed together by going through the rollers in the camera. Shaking the picture can make the colors look funny or blurr the picture. The best thing to do is lay it down and don't touch it for 24 hours till it drys inside. Then store it away from sunlight for ever. I can restore most of the bad ones to make then a little better colorwise but they were crap to begin with and they are not real sharp. Just an FYI for all the people that used to shake them thinking they were speeding up the developing time. Your were not :)

I will try making some puppy chow and let you know how it comes out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...