Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Cards: Let's Keep the Tradition Alive!

AMERICAN CYANAMID


Call me old fashioned, but I still enjoy receiving Christmas cards in the mail. I love the feeling that someone thought enough of me to send a beautiful card of their choosing, and buying the stamp to send it out. And I love doing the same for as many as I personally can.

Letter for Santa Claus (LOC)
But sadly, as the years pass, we receive less and less. I love Facebook, but I really do think it's to blame.

Why would we waste our time and money on cards and stamps, when we can just say, "Merry Christmas everyone!" on Facebook or in an email?

I'll tell you why.

Because of the personal connection a card can bring. When you're signing your name to the card, your giving that person a piece of yourself. You're showing them just how much they mean to you, and that you cherish them.
Mailing Letters
It's so refreshing to see a family member's or friend's handwriting in front of you, with a little note saying to have a Merry Christmas. I still have old cards from my grandma, with her signature of love. Somehow, when I brush my fingers over her handwriting, I still feel connected to her.

As a child, I remember my grandparent's had so many Christmas cards sent to them, they stretched clear down their living room beam, and then some! And I remember thinking how loved they were by everyone they knew.

But here we are in an electronically, impersonal age. Families are spending less time interacting with each other, and more time on their cell phones and computers. People are too busy looking down at the world, when everything that's truly important is up.

So with a week until Christmas, I ask you all to at least try to add a personal touch to your holiday greetings. I promise it will not go unnoticed. ♥





123Friendster.Com



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...