Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Message From Beyond

After I had my youngest daughter, my doctor told me he didn't want me to have anymore babies, due to the large amount of scar tissue from my c-section.

He told me this while I was on the operating table, so while I was a little upset about the news, I was more focused on seeing and hearing my baby girl for the first time. It also seemed like okay news, because we felt like we were done having kids anyway.

But as Holly grew older, my heart began to long for another baby. In my heart, I knew that I was meant to be a mommy to 3 children. Our family just didn't feel complete.

We were torn on what to do. At a doctor's visit, I mentioned I wanted to have another baby, and my doctor suggested I have a surgery, to determine how much scar tissue had built up, and how easily they could get the baby out. This seemed like a lot of wasted time and money, because I just knew I was going to have another baby someday. I also trusted my heart that the delivery would go smoothly.

But as my heart said yes, my mind still had it's doubts.

That was all about to change though.

I wrote this in my journal.

March 5, 2008

A few nights ago, I had a dream that Sam's grandma came to me and told me I would be having another baby, and that it will be a boy. She looked young, and I could tell she felt young too. Before she left, she gave me a hug.


A month or so later, I had another dream, this time of a friend that had passed away a few years back. She was with a man she introduced as her uncle, and they both were there to tell me to stop worrying, and that I was to have another baby someday, and that it would be a boy.

All doubts that my mind once had, were now gone. These were not just ordinary dreams. I know these were visitation dreams of those that cared for me in life. They wanted to bring me peace of mind, and that's what they did.

I will forever believe that, and no one could ever change my mind. We are always connected to our loved ones.

So, in late 2008 and early 2009, we began to try to become pregnant. But unlike our first 2, it wasn't happening right away. I always like to plan things, and since we were going into March, I thought we should take a time-out from trying, because I did not want to have a baby around Christmas time!

Funny thing about fate. It doesn't matter what we plan! 

So, almost a year to the date of my dream about Sam's grandma, we became pregnant! (With a due date being the week of Christmas.)

There wasn't a doubt in my mind or heart, that I was having a baby boy.

And at my 21 week ultrasound, I got my official confirmation.


"You're having a boy!"

And although it was nice to see the visual proof, I didn't really need it.

Our first and only son was on his way into our arms, as promised.

Noah Michael was born on December 21, 2009.

A happy and healthy baby boy. The c-section went smoothly, without any added problems from the scar tissue. 

Our hearts were full, and our family finally felt complete.

Tomorrow our little boy turns two.

Two?! Already?!

I would give anything to be able to slow time. But since I can't, I'll continue to watch our kids grow and learn, and find their place in the world.

We are truly blessed.♥



This post is dedicated to Jane and Tammy. Thank you for your gift of peace of mind.♥

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...