Thursday, December 8, 2011

Amy's List of Must See Christmas Movies

I think everyone has their favorite Christmas movies and specials, that they watch year after year. And I must confess, Christmas wouldn't feel like Christmas, if I didn't have these to enjoy and anticipate every year!

A&P, COFFEE, SANTA CLAUS


So, here's my personal list of must-see holiday shows. (In no particular order.)



A Christmas Carol


This is what I believe to be the best version of the story. (Although, I do enjoy The Muppet's Christmas Carol also.☺)

It's from 1951, and stars Alastair Sim as Scrooge.

My husband and I watch it every year together.☺



One Magic Christmas


This move was made in the 80's, (which I love) and is kind of like It's a Wonderful Life meets Scrooge.

I love it.♥




The Night They Saved Christmas


Another 80's movie. What can I say, I grew up in the 80's!


Art Carney played a wonderful Santa.☺





A Christmas Story


I mean, what's not to love?

So many quotes, so little time....☺♥





It's a Wonderful Life


Such a feel-good movie!

I manage to hold back the tears until Harry walks in at the end!

After that I stay teary eyed until it's over. ☺



A Garfield Christmas


Who doesn't love Grandma?!!

"Back in my day, all we had were wood-burnin' cats!"

Love it!!



The Bear Who Slept Through Christmas


The first time I saw this sweet movie, I was in kindergarten.

I also still have my record of the story and songs, that I listen to every year.

It's about a bear that tries to stay up to find out what Christmas is. So sweet.♥



Noel


They played this every year in the 90's, but haven't for a long time. I'm glad I own it. It's such a sweet story.

When a glassblower's tear of happiness, drips down into the ornament he's making, Noel is able to feel and view the world as humans do.




Eloise At Christmastime


This has been on our movie list since it came out in 2003. Such a cute movie to watch with my girls. PLUS it has Julie Andrews!

And what little girl didn't imagine living in the Plaza Hotel with her "Mostly Companion" Nanny? ♥



The Nutcracker Prince


This movie has beautiful animation, and of course the music.

My sister and I have been watching it since 1993.☺

Kiefer Sutherland voices the Nutcracker Prince.



A Charlie Brown Christmas


Is there anything more heartwarming, than Linus explaining what Christmas is all about to Charlie Brown?

♥♥♥♥♥♥




Home Alone


"God bless this highly nutritious, microwavable, macaroni and cheese dinner, and the people who sold it on sale, Amen."





Disney Christmas 


This DVD has 3 different cartoon on it. Mickey's Christmas Carol, The Small One, and Pluto's Christmas Tree.

Disney know's Christmas. ☺ I also have a video my grandma gave me, that's filled with the really old Disney Christmas cartoons. I just wish they would release them on dvd!



The Santa Clause, 1 and 2


"Just because you can't see something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist."

Wise words.♥



Elf


Again, so many quotes, so little time. ☺





Prancer


Another 80's movie that I love.

Childlike faith is a wonderful thing to have.♥






White Christmas


Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye are wonderful.

I love old movies. Everything was so classy back then.





Christmas Vacation


I love Chevy Chase!

I also love that I'm not a part of this family! ☺





Scrooged


I love the ghost of Christmas present!!

"Sometimes you have to slap them, just to get their attention!"

And I always cry when Calvin says, "God bless us, everyone!"





And how about all the old movies that aren't Christmas movies, but have wonderful Christmas scenes in them?


Like Holiday Inn, Meet me in St. Louis, and Little Women (with June Allison).




Then there's the long list of Christmas specials from Rankin and Bass.

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Frost's Winter Wonderland, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, The Year Without a Santa Claus, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, The Little Drummer Boy, The First Christmas Snow, Jack Frost, Nestor, the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey, and many many more. I love Rankin and Bass!!

Or how about the stop animation of The Nightmare Before Christmas? True, it's not your typical Christmas story, but it's still fun to watch! ☺

And I can't forget about all the Christmas cartoons they play on Boomerang, from when I was a little kid.

The Smurf's Christmas, 'Tis the Season to be Smurfy, Casper's First Christmas, A Flinstone's Christmas, The Town Santa Forgot, and more! I love that channel around the holidays! It takes me back.☺


What are some of your holiday favorites? Do you feel I left something out? I know I must have, because the list could go on forever!!

I love holiday movies.♥♥♥

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...