Friday, June 17, 2011

And What Makes You So Special, Franklin?

Last week we were on vacation in Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I'm lucky enough to have a wonderful mother and father in-law, who treat us all to an ocean front house almost every year, for the past 5 or 6 years. The time away was much needed, but was filled with some minor set backs. My youngest daughter was sick for the first half, and I came down with a head cold for the other half. At least I had the ocean to look at while I coughed up a lung, huh?

While hanging out one day, keeping my poor Holly company, the children's show, Franklin, came on Nick Jr. This brought up a topic between my sister in-law's husband and myself, that I always wondered about the show. It was good to know that someone else wondered about the same thing. So here it is.
Franklin, the high and mighty.
What makes Franklin sooo important, that he actually has a real first name? 

I mean, lets think about this for a second. His friends are just "Bear" or "Beaver" or whatever the animal ends up being. And what about the fact that all the parents are known as, "Mr. and Mrs. fill-in-the-animal name-here."  That would make Bear's full name, Bear Bear, or Snail's name, Snail Snail. And so on...

And let's not forget how we've got a whole town full of talking animals, but somehow a dog is less superior, and can't talk. Not to mention, is a pet to the talking animals. Well, run on down to the local pond, puppy pal, because I'm pretty sure it's filled with magic juice! From now on you'll be known as, Dog Dog. Only the really special animals get a real name.

I guess if I'm going to talk about Franklin, I should probably mention the other elephant in the room. And by elephant, I mean bunnies, and by bunnies, I mean Max and Ruby.

There's even a Facebook page called, Where in the H*** are Max and Ruby's Parents?!

When I first saw that on there, I was like, Yes!!! Someone else wonders about these things too!!

It just makes me crazy! And it's not just my adult mind over thinking things, because my daughter asked the same thing. And why does their Grandma act like it's no big deal? They exist, because I saw their picture on the wall! I don't know, maybe the picture is an illusion to keep the other bunnies from discovering the truth. I bet there was life insurance involved....

Ruby: "Don't these flowers look nice on mom and dad's grave, Max?"
Max:  "Flowers!!"

Maybe I over think things.....LOL

2 comments:

becki said...

Well, Amy....that was quite alot of information there...can't say that I have ever thought that much about Franklin...my kids don't watch it, but Max and Ruby, I have wondered where Mom and Dad were, maybe they are working. Ruby is quite a little babysitter 'cause Max is a handful. My world right now consists of Mickey Mouse and I have questions there, like, Why does Goofy talk and Pluto does not? Aren't they both dogs? Life is full of mysteries....LOL!

timsheadache said...

OMG...hilarious!! I could go on and on, but alas, I will not.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...