Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Easy-Peasy Cinnamon Rolls

I was craving cinnamon rolls today, and figured since I already had frozen bread dough in the freezer, why not give it a whirl?

Best decision I made all day!!




If I would have known they were this easy to make, I would have done it a long time ago!

One loaf of frozen bread dough is enough to fill two 9 inch round pans.


What you'll need.

1 loaf of dough

2tbs Butter, melted

2/3 Cup Packed brown sugar

Cinnamon (I didn't measure. I just used what looked good.)

1/2 Cup of whipping cream

2/3 cup powdered sugar

1 to 1 1/2 tbs milk

1/8 tsp vanilla


Knead your bread a little before starting, to get the air bubbles out.


Roll your dough out, until it's about 20 inches long, and 5 or 6 inches wide.

Brush the melted butter on top of your rolled out dough.

Sprinkle on the brown sugar, rubbing it into the melted butter.

Sprinkle on the cinnamon, as much as you'd like.


Roll the dough up jelly-roll style, and slice it up. (I got around 14 or 15 slices out of it, each around 1 1/2 inches thick.

Place the rolls in 2 round pans, and let rise for 40 min.

Before placing them in the oven, drizzle the rolls with whipping cream. (You could also use half and half for this.)

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 min. (I baked mine for 26 min, and they came out perfect!☺)

For the icing, just mix your 2/3 cup of powdered sugar, with 1 to 1 1/2 tbs milk, and then add the 1/8 tsp vanilla.


Drizzle the icing over the rolls while they're still warm, and there ya have it!


This recipe was inspired by one I found on Allrecipes.com, and here's the link to that.

They're a huge hit, and my oldest said that I'll never have to buy them in the store ever again! ☺

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...