Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Walton And Gilmore Connection

So, I've been on a Walton's kick, ever since they've been showing 3 episodes a day on The Hallmark Channel. I've always loved that show, even as a child. I like how they show that through family and faith, you can overcome most anything life throws at you.

When I really enjoy a show, I usually try to find out as much as I can, when it comes to fun facts and such. And the fun fact I discovered last night made my heart happy. I was positively giddy with excitement! ( Yes, I know it's only a TV show.)


OK, so I'm also a huge fan of The Gilmore Girls, and have never missed an episode. (What I wouldn't give, to live in a small town like Stars Hollow. And like Lorelai Gilmore, I too can smell when it's going to snow.)


So here's the fun fact, and why there's a Walton/Gilmore connection.

The Walton's House

And here it is on The Gilmore Girls, as the future Dragonfly Inn.

The Dragonfly Inn, after the remodel. They added another window  on the upstairs right, but the  left side is the same.

I just thought that was so cool!! You always think that they tear everything apart after filming, to make room for new productions, but it's nice to see that's not always the case!  Good for Warner Bros.!!:)

2 comments:

becki said...

I loved the Gilmore Girls...watched every episode and felt like a part of me left with the show. I think that is why I love Parenthood so much...Loralai is back. Didn't have that big of a connection with Waltons, but I did watch it.

Amy said...

I think a lot of why I like The Walton's so much, is the fact that the dad reminds me so much of my grandpa. Right down to the suspenders.;-) I miss The Gilmore Girls too! I love Parenthood, but my heart will always think of Lauren Graham as Lorelai.;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...