Friday, January 21, 2011

Winter Madness

While most people talk of how they will retire in Florida or Arizona, or someplace of equal heat, my husband and I always tell people that we would like nothing more than to retire in Maine someday. We live in northern Indiana, and although we get the snow and cold, the scenery is much to be desired. Not to mention that there are some years that we ( in my opinion) get totally gypped in the snow department.  Which is crazy, because if we lived just an hour or less north, we would get crazy amounts of lake-effect snow! But alas, we are stuck waiting on system snow, or maybe an inch or 2 of lake-effect, if we're lucky. I want to live where I'm pretty much guaranteed of a white Christmas every year, and a winter that stays winter until spring. Will we actually move to Maine someday? I have to be honest with myself, and say no. More than likey we'll try to stay close to our kids. But if 2 of them decide to move to the heat and yuck, and the other stays in a cooler state, we'll go with that one. Picturing my husband in socks and sandles, with a Hawian shirt on, is just not something I ever want to see!! And me in a moo-moo?! Yikes!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...