Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Name is Amy, and I Could'nt Care Less if You Wish me Happy Holidays

Why must we make a thing out of someone wishing us Happy Holidays? Seriously, if one person walked up to me and said Merry Christmas, and the person directly after them said Happy Holidays, mentally, I would be taking that as the same thing.

I believe in Christ, so I take both as Merry Christmas, with the added wish for a Happy New Year, from the person who said Happy Holidays. I don't overthink this stuff, you guys. (Although, if I were Jewish, I'd probably get more out of the Happy Holidays.)



123Friendster.Com

123Friendster.com - More Happy Holidays Comments
 
 
What I'm trying to say, is that you shouldn't let these things that aren't meant to be hurtful, as something hurtful. This isn't someone trying to be politically correct. (Unless you're actually talking to a politician.)

No one is trying to take Christ out of Christmas. We've been saying "Happy Holidays" since forever. Let's not make it a thing. Bing Crosby sings Happy Holidays, in the movie Holiday Inn, and that was made in the 40's! Zero political correctness back then. Not to mention, he was a man devoted to his faith. Openly, you guys. The King of Christmas music. There was no so-called "War on Christmas" in the 40's.

Sounds grand, doesn't it?

Now, the whole "Holiday Tree" thing, I find annoying. I mean, it's a Christmas tree, people. No other faith has that custom. It's like referring to the Menorah as a "Festive Candelabra." The tree's soul purpose is to help celebrate the Christmas season.

But, I will say this: Although it may annoy me, that the government and a few select businesses take the "Holiday Tree" route, it doesn't stop me from enjoying MY  Christmas. I mean, why would it? My sister calls her Christmas tree Brutus. Should I get my Christmas socks in a bunch because of it?

No! One, because I actually find that quite endearing, because she got it from the Christmas cartoon, Noel, about the little red ornament who was born with a happiness. And two, because who cares? It's not affecting my glad tidings, comfort and joy, or my holly jolly Christmas.

So, if you see me in town, and want to wish me a Merry Christmas, I'm all in! And if you want to say Happy Holidays, I'm all in! Because it's Christmas! It's the holidays! And I plan to keep Christmas well.

God Bless us, everyone!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...